I’m even more behind on posting my Strange Horizons reviews. Poor blog, you have been so neglected, haven’t you? But deadlines, paid work and my personal writing come before blogging time and I’ve been burning the keyboard with other things recently. And now for catch up number two. (My reviews behind the date link, original stories behind the title link.)
- July 6, 2015 “The Lone Star Sin Eaters” by Even Berkow
- July 13, 2015 “It Brought Us All Together” by Marissa Lingen
- July 20, 2015 “The Visitor” by Karen Myres
- August 3, 2015 “Probably Definitely” by Heather Morris
- August 10, 2015 “Beyond Sapphire Glass” by Margaret Killjoy
- August 17, 2015 “20/20” by Arie Coleman
Karen Myres’ “The Visitor” was my favorite of these by far. I don’t want to spoil it because I love the story so much but if you don’t read any of the other stories on this list, you should read this one. “Beyond Sapphire Glass” was also nice. The narrative style is odd, but it grows on you as you read it. “20/20” was fairly good too, though I swear I’ve read a story just like it not long ago.